Monday 20 April 2015

Judging The National Geographic Traveller UK Photography Competition....

Judging The National Geographic Traveller UK Photography Competition....


Many of you who have been reading my blogs will already know that I had the honour of being asked to judge The National Geographic Traveller UK (NGTUK) Photography Competition. The more I think about this, the more proud I am that I had this experience, that my level of photography and skill as a photographer is considered high enough to be able to judge other peoples work and in such a highly regarded publication. I would like to say a big thank you to all at NGTUK for this opportunity, all those who have supported me along this path, and a special recognition to Roger Hickman who is sadly no longer with us, but influences me still, he was a great Tutor.






The standard of work, as you would expect was excellent and the judging tricky. There were however a couple of shots that I really loved, especially Chris Miller's excellent Vietnamese Cave shot which is now on my list of places to see, doesn't it look epic.

My congratulations to all the finalists and winners of this years competition, well done to Alecsandra Reluca Dragoi for snatching the Grand Prize, I look forward to seeing more from you in the future. Hopefully I will be invited to join the judges panel again as it was good fun and a privilege to be a part of this. 

I hope that you enjoyed this little blog supplement.

 As ever, thank you for taking the time to look at my work, please go ahead and share it, leave a comment or ask any questions you may have.

Should you need a photographer feel free to get in touch anytime, I am always happy to hear from people around the world regarding any work they would like to talk about. You can reach me here or through my website: www.duncanlongden.photography

Hit me up on InstagramTumblr and Twitter for all the most up to date news and exclusive photographs.

Cheers,

Duncan.


No comments:

Post a Comment